Control Systems Laboratory
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to
CO1 : Determine the transfer function of closed loop system and servomotor.
CO2 : Design of first and second order systems with P, PI, PID controllers.
CO3 : Compare the stability analysis and transient response of LTI systems and carry out the process control by using PLC.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
1. Behavior of Closed-loop control system (e.g. DC motor position control, DC motor speed control, temperature
control and liquid level control systems).
2. Transfer function of DC and AC servomotors.
3. Design of first order and second order system for the desired specifications.
4. Design and study the effect of P, PI, PD and PID controllers in DC motor speed control system using LabVIEW
software and DAQ card.
5. Simulation of Stability analysis of LTI systems.
6. Transient response of simple electric circuits using Digital Storage Oscilloscope.
7. Design and simulation of Lead, Lag, Lead-lag compensator.
8. Design of open loop and closed loop control of DC servo motor.
List of Major Equipments:
- AC Servomotor Trainer Kit
- Two phase AC servo motor control module with AC servo motor
- Photoelectric pickup module
- Magnetic Amplifier Kit
- PC Based PID Controller
- PID Control Trainer Module
- PID Temperature controller Module
- PID Motor Speed controller Module
- AC servo motor coupled with PMDC motor for indirect loading
- DC position control system
- Programmable logic controller
- Linear System Simulator
- DC Servo motor control module along with DC servo with loading arrangement
- Transfer function of DC servomotor kit
- Transfer function of two phase AC servomotor kit
- DC servomotor controller
- DC Regulated Power supply
- DSO (Make: GWINSTEK-25MHz)
- DSO (Make: AGILENT-70MHz)